The Canterbury Business Awards are supported by the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) and the Kent Branch of the Institute of Directors (IoD) and delivered by Best Business Events. Platinum sponsors for the third year running are Agilis Mobile, with gold headline sponsors Girlings and Canterbury based community focused accountants, Dynamix Accountancy and media partner, Index.
Chris Brightling, head of corporate and commercial at Girlings Solicitors said: “Girlings Solicitors is delighted to be sponsoring the Business Awards Kent, Canterbury. In a climate of economic uncertainty and often negative news it is a great pleasure to celebrate the success and talent of local businesses both big and small as well as established enterprises and rising stars.”
A number of awards categories are available and include:
- Best Construction Business NEW for 2019 - Open to all construction and building companies
- Best Family Business - How the family values and the family members have guided the development of the business
- Business Woman of the Year - Celebrates, encourages and inspires successful and aspiring business women
- Creative/Digital - Can you show evidence of expertise in digital, creative or media technologies?
- Customer Service - Can your business show that you offer high quality customer service?
- Hospitality/ Food & Drink Producer - Are you a business in this sector that can demonstrate outstanding performance and success?
- Innovation - have you brought new ideas to life, whether that idea is big or small?
- Small Business - Are you a standout small business that has achieved constant growth?
- Start-Up - recognising a new start-up that has shown a clear path to success
Naz Khaliq, managing partner of Dynamix Accountancy said: “It is wonderful to see so many businesses celebrating positive successes in their business during what is a difficult time Nationally. It is always important to pause and remember the positive things. Canterbury and the surrounding area continue to stay strong and businesses that have shown resilience and indeed those that are growing and diversifying need to be recognised and celebrated. Dynamix Accountancy are very proud to remain a partner and sponsor to the Canterbury Business Awards.”
Businesses may enter up to three awards which are free, quick and simple, and can be done via the website www.businessawardskent.co.uk. The closing date for completion is 8 February and then the entries will be considered by a team of judges who will shortlist them by 22 February.
Those shortlisted will be announced and visited by the judges form 22 February - 1 March so they can make a decision on who the winners for each category are. The winners will then be announced at a dinner which will be held at Broome Park Hotel, Canterbury on Thursday 14 March 2019, where they will be able to collect their awards.