Mid Sussex District Council announces the return of its free ‘Digital & You’ event under the Open 4 Business initiative to the King’s Centre in Burgess Hill on Tuesday 17 October from 11.30-4pm. Adopting a digital theme for the second year running, the event is open to all Sussex businesses from start-ups to corporates, who will learn about the latest digital insights and tools from high profile expert speakers. Presentation topics include cybersecurity, maximising LinkedIn, crowdfunding and the digital skills gap. Sussex entrepreneur Kevin Byrne, founder and CEO of digital trade directory Checkatrade is the show’s keynote speaker, who will talk about his inspiring journey to success and the importance of taking risks in business.
Sponsored by the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) and the University of Sussex, the show will also feature an exhibition, where 21 businesses and organisations will showcase their expertise and be on hand to meet attendees. Checkatrade’s Kevin Byrne will also be running a separate break-out session, where pre-registered attendees can learn more about the secrets of his success. All presentations will give attendees a powerful toolkit of effective digital skills and ideas which they can take back and use immediately.
Councillor Jonathan Ash-Edwards, the deputy leader and cabinet member for resources and economic growth comments: “After the great success of Digital & You last year, we are really looking forward to returning to Burgess Hill for this year’s event. We have incredible speakers who will be sharing valuable knowledge and tips on vital digital issues, tools and techniques. We are also thrilled to have Kevin Byrne on board, who has an incredibly impressive and engaging business story to tell.”
Pre-registration for the free event is available through Eventbrite via the website: www.o4b.org.uk
The itinerary for the day is as follows:
- 11.55 – 12.00: Simon Hughes, Head of Digital at Mid Sussex Council – opening remarks
- 12.00 – 12.40: Kevin Byrne, CEO of Checkatrade – The Importance of Risk
- 13.00 – 13.20: Jonty Egginton, MD of Egg Media – Using Video in Social Media
- 13.30 – 13.50: James Dempster, MD of Cobb Digital – The Power of LinkedIn
- 14.00 – 14.20: Martin Bannister, MD of Kogo – Cybersecurity: protecting your business
- 14.30 – 14.50: Rebecca Groves, Head of Projects at Wired Sussex: The Digital Skills Gap
- 15.00 – 15.20: Jes Bailey, Founder of Crowdfund360 – The Art of Crowdfunding
- 15.30 – 15.50: Komal Helyer, Head of Marketing at Pure360 – E-commerce Automations
- 15.55 – 16.00: Simon Hughes – closing remarks